Recently overheard conversations with hospital staff discussing their multiple responsibilities for hospital social media as well as other jobs in the hospital.
(1) Digital Marketing in hospitals should be led from the top and not shoved down to underlings who lack expertise and the time to execute a proper campaign.
(2) Facebook is a not a marketing strategy or campaign. It certainly is a quiver in your arsenal.
(3) One’s digital marketing footprint requires focused concentration and not an ‘adhoc” or “part-time” employee who wears other hats and lacks the professional insights to conceptualize and implement the various elements of a digital marketing campaign.
(4) Healthcare providers wind up paying a lot more to professional digital marketers who are hired to retool their botched campaigns than they when they hire the right team for the strategic plan and the execution from the get-go.
(5) Executives who are quick to reduce their campaign to underlings and individuals who lack the big picture, ultimately will reap the rewards in their lackluster response.